If you want to experience the true essence of Africa then Jamaica is just the perfect place for you. Surrounded by unique marvels of nature, rich cultural heritage, delicious food and vibrant people. It is a paradise for nature lovers you can enjoy hiking in the majestic mountains, visit dense lush green jungles and enjoy bird watching, snorkel and scuba to see some of the spectacular coral reefs or just simply relax and enjoy classic reggae at any golden beach. A visit to Jamaica is surely one of the most fascinating, enriching and beautiful experiences. We have curated a list of some of the fun things to do and exciting places to visit in Jamaica. Let’s start exploring.
Things To Do
1) Explore The Stunning Negril Beach: This breathtaking beach is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Jamaica. It is a magnificent white stretched beach with pristine aqua blue water and is also known as the “Seven Mile Beach”. Beside the beach you can find the famous Negril Cliffs, jumping from the cliffs is a popular adventure among tourists as well as locals. This beach is a great spot to enjoy a mesmerizing sunset while enjoying the tranquility. There are also many great, delectable and delicious seafood options that you can easily find in the aesthetically decorated beach restaurants.
2) Visit The Marvelous Dunn’s River Falls: These picturesque waterfalls are perfect for a relaxing picnic amidst nature and the melodious sound of the splashing water. The Dunn’s waterfalls are very near to Ocho Rios and are one of the most treasured destinations. The falls are approximately 180m in height and you can easily hike up to enjoy the enchanting view or you can splash in the swimming hole at the base of the falls. It is always crowded with tourists so the best way to enjoy these falls would be to visit in the early hours with an experienced guide.
3) Enjoy Amidst Nature At The Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park: This national park is packed with natural marvels, exotic wildlife and rich flora and fauna. In the earlier days, it was a refuge site for slaves. If you are on the lookout for some adventure, then you can enjoy a guided tour and can come up and close with the wild species. The highest mountain of Jamaica, Blue Mountain Peak is situated in the heart of the national park. If you are travelling in the monsoon season it is advisable to be careful and opt for an experienced guided tour. The park is a great spot for bird watching and is also home to a humungous collection of butterflies.
4) Raft On The Rio Grande: Rafting on pristine blue water can be extremely distressing and relaxing.
The Rio Grande offers you a scenic view of Jamaica, rafting was the mode of transportation for the banana farmers. The best way to explore and learn about the interesting history of Jamaica is by taking a guided tour. The entire tour takes about two and a half hours but you will be so awestruck by your surroundings that time will just pass by in a jiffy.
5)Visit The Breathtaking Port Antonio: This wonderful town is located amidst the lush green mountains. This part of Jamaica is rich in history and has an ancient Fort George decorated with stunning British architecture. You can enjoy hiking in the nearby jungle trails after calming rafting at the Rio Grande and you can enjoy snorkeling at the stunning blue lagoon. Port Antonio has a rich collection of white sand beaches with turquoise blue water. Somerset Falls are another spectacular waterfalls that are filled with freshwater from Daniel’s River.
6) Explore Your Adventurous Side At Mystic Mountain: This fun place is all about doing adventurous things. You can sled down the mountain, enjoy a thrilling roller coaster ride or can enjoy zip-lining from trees to trees. Sky Explorer is a spot that gives you a breathtaking view of the nearby areas and you experience just pure magic and bliss. There are other amazing activities that you can enjoy in this place like strolling amidst nature, bird watching, water slides and some great rope climbing lessons.
7) Visit The Bustling City Kingston: The capital city of Jamaica introduces you to the more chic and cosmopolitan side of Jamaica. There are many interesting places that you can visit and explore in the city. You can explore the fascinating Bob Marley Museum and can learn about his life and the inspiration behind its music. If you want to learn about the history of Jamaica you can explore the spectacular National Gallery and the Natural History Museum. These museums are filled with historic artifacts, ancient documents showcasing the history behind Jamaica’s independence.
8) Indulge Yourself In The Divine Jamaican Cuisine: The food in Jamaica is flavorful, delicious and tempting. Jamaicans b
elieve in making the most of your life by not eating boring food and giving your taste buds a blissful experience. The most common food in Jamaica is patty and comes with a dozen options for fillings like beef, chicken, vegetable and cheese. Another favo
rite local cuisine is the Jamaican Jerk. It is filled with spices, authentic jerk sauce which makes it even more flavorful and irresistible.
Traveling Post COVID 19
Jamaica has been opened for tourism for most of the foreign nations. The authority has taken strict measures to make the travel experience for every tourist seamless and hassle-free. However, there are few things that you should keep in mind while planning for your trip to Jamaica.
1) Do not forget to carry your negative RT PCR reports along with you.
2) You can also be subjected to an RT-PCR test on your arrival at the Jamaican airport. If your test results are negative then only you will be allowed to proceed towards your accommodation. If the test comes positive you will be retained in isolation at government health centers.
3) There are general instructions laid down in front of every monument like entry is banned without masks or you need to maintain social distancing at all levels.
4) There are curfew instructions laid down by the authority that should be followed by every tourist.
Jamaica is a land filled with many exciting surprises and is surrounded by bountiful nature in every nook and corner. We hope that these options help you in creating a perfect itinerary for your trip to Jamaica.
Feel free to visit www.pwentravel.com to book all of your travel needs.